TwitchCon 2018: Now Featuring Intelligame Panels
TwitchCon 2018 features special Intelligame content! Site founder Josh Boykin will moderate two panels about working in games and having real-world discussions on stream, and he’s bringing some fantastic panelists.
TwitchCon is the yearly capstone event for streamers and viewers tied into the game-centric streaming platform. People come from all over the world to meet their favorite streamers, learn more about the craft, play games, and meet new people. Moving from Long Beach to San Jose, TwitchCon 2018 is sure to feature plenty of opportunities to grow and have a good time.
After attending as press the last two years, this time I’ll be rolling through with a special Speaker badge! This year I’ll have the privilege of moderating two panels hosted by TwitchCon, each with a fantastic array of panelists who are probably familiar to the Intelligame audience.
Saturday, October 27th @ 10:30a PST in the PJSugar Theatre
Many people look at games as a place to escape politics and discussion about the real-world, but the intersections between games and reality are hard to ignore. Our first panel of the day covers a heavy subject: having real-world discussions on-stream. These panelists take the time to engage about issues like race, gender, sexuality, politics, and more in their communities, and they’ll talk about how to do so effectively. This panel features:
- Voice talent and Twitch partner SimplyUndrea,
- Tabletop roleplayer and Twitch partner DistractedElf
- Creative streamer and Twitch partner Imperialgrrl,
- Indie game critic and Influencer Relations Lead (and Intelligame contributor) Jenny Windom.
Saturday, October 27th @ 1:30p PST in the FrankerZ Theatre
The games industry is a constantly-growing field, and there are so many interesting ways to get involved. This panel showcases some great people who work in the games space in roles that you might not think of. We’ll discuss not just the various styles of work they do, but also how to get started working in the game industry professionally.
This talk features:
- Narrative designer/writer PeachyAenne,
- Marketer and local Meetup administrator AwesomeHylian,
- Roll20 Engagement Manager and game developer DirtbagBoyfriend,
- Player vs. Hunger CEO Sylvie “FluffyPancake” Dao,
- Indie game critic and Influencer Relations Lead Jenny Windom
I’m incredibly excited for the chance to highlight these creators and learn from their perspectives on the TwitchCon stage. I’d encourage you not just to watch the panels, but also watch these streamers individually! You can watch the panels live here on Intelligame or directly on Twitch.
Keep an eye out for more information about these panels over the next couple weeks, and I hope to see you either in-person or virtually at TwitchCon 2018!
So Many Ways to "Represent" in The Intelligame Podcast
Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Intelligame. Lover of story-centric games of all kinds, arcade games, and mobile titles. Mac and Cheese connoisseur.
Get Intelligame in Your Inbox!
- The Choice Quantic Dream Did NOT Pick in Detroit: Become Human
- How PAX East 2018 Got Inclusion Right
- I’m excited for Monster Hunter World because my friends are. That’s okay.
- Editor’s Note: On Patreon’s Changes and Intelligame’s Resources
- Helping people “see each other in new ways:” Ami Baio’s “You Think You Know Me”
- October 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015